With the changing of the weather, the administration felt it appropriate to revisit dress code policies particular to cooler temperatures thus addressing reoccurring student infractions related to this policy. The following represents an abbreviated version of Parkway's Dress Code Policy.
- Polo-type shirts: solid black, red, navy, light blue (powder blue), or white
- Long-sleeved button down shirts: solid black, red, navy, light blue (powder blue), or white
- Must be buttoned properly at all times
- The shirt may not be worn in a jacket type manner with several buttons opened exposing the undergarment.
- Logos and labels on uniform shirts should not be excessive in size
- All tops must be long enough to tuck in and stay in
- Blousing of shirts will not be allowed
- Short-sleeved crew neck undershirt: solid colors
- Long-sleeved crew neck undershirt: solid white, solid red, or solid black
- Pants or shorts: navy or khaki
- Girls - navy or khaki skirts, skorts, or capri pants (no jumpers)
- Skirts, skorts, and shorts must be no shorter than the length of one’s finger tips with arms at one’s side and no longer than the bottom of one’s knee.
- Tights: solid black or solid navy only
- KHAKI or NAVY DENIM PANTS are prohibited
- Solid navy or solid black jacket, coat, sweater, sweater vest, sweatshirt, or hoody
- Hoodies from a club/athletic organization: Navy or black
- Earned letter jackets are acceptable
- NO LOGOS, LABELS, or NAME BRAND JACKETS. NO FLOOR LENGTH COATS or OVERSIZED JACKETS. NOBLUE JEAN or DENIM JACKETS
- Outerwear such as sweaters, sweatshirts, and hoodies are NOT to be worn under approved uniform shirt tops.
NOTE: Outerwear type clothing does NOT take the place of the required uniform top, e.g., students must wear a uniform top under the outerwear. Additionally, if a student is out of dress code and the violation is not addressed promptly, this does not mean the violation is met with approval.
All uniforms must be worn in the manner designed by the manufacturer meeting the school dress code specifications. There will not be any mutilation of clothing including, but not limited to tearing, ripping, or cutting of hems, or cuffs. NO OVERSIZING or SAGGING! THE UNIFORM MUST BE FITTED APPROPRIATELY.
No mode of student appearance that detracts from or disrupts the classroom and/or the school decorum will be considered proper for a school. The principal of each school shall make the final decision of what is considered proper or improper appearance, in accordance with the general guidelines, which may be contained in the “Student Handbook.” Violations of the dress code policy will be addressed and may result in disciplinary action.