Please use links to your left to navigate to my classes
About Mrs. Kennedy
- I graduated from Parkway in 2002.
- Married for nine years to my best friend, Rick Kennedy (PHS c/o 2000)
- We have two daughters: Gwyneth (6) and Evelyn (2)
- We have a Scottish Terrier named Jehu.
- I graduated from Northwestern State University in 2007 with a Bachelor's Degree in Secondary English Education with a minor in Journalism.
- I taught middle school for seven years in a variety of subjects and grade levels (6th grade ELA, 6th-8th Drama I,II, III, 8th grade ELA, Yearbook)
- This is my third year at Parkway
- I am a team manager for the Destination Imagination Theatre team.
- I am co-sponsor of the Junior Class. Mrs. Corkern and I focus on Homecoming, Class Rings, Fundraising, and the Ring Ding Ceremony.
- I love reading, painting/crafting, going to my church The Healing Place in Shreveport, coffee, Pinterest, Icees, crossword puzzles, and more than anything, I love my job.
- I won Teacher of the Year for Parkway High School for the 2016-2017 school year.
- I won Teacher of the Year for Bossier Parish for the 2016-2017 school year.